Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Thing 22

As the juvenile audio selector, I have checked every juvenile/family/classic title on both Overdrive and NetLibrary. I also keep track of each title that I have ordered in the book-on-cassette/book-on-cd formats. I wanted to compare what I had selected with what was available on-line. At this point in time, I'm not going to base my selection work on what we can offer on-line, however, this may change. For now, I just like to have this information in mind when I make my choices. And since I am systematically replacing popular book-on-cassette titles with the cd format, being familiar with what is available on-line may help me make some hard choices when money is an issue.
I was pleasantly surprised because I only expected to find the standard children's classics, and what I actually found was a nice mix of old and newer titles.
Project Gutenberg: this was new to me. A subject index would be nice. And since I have an Apple iPod, I noticed that I could download some titles from this site. I also noticed that they have sheet music. Some of our customers might like this feature.

No comments: